W O R R Y / D O U B T
What I’ve learned at 4:30am when waking up due to worrying:
– satan starts with a single seed of doubt in your mind: what about that one thing you’re not in control of or don’t fully understand?
– CRUCIAL POINT: you entertain that thought, you think about it, you dwell on it and try to lean on your own understanding
– Before you know it you’ve forgotten who Jesus is and have shifted to looking at the wind and the waves, the impossibility of the situation. The seed has become a multitude of worries.
– Drowning: fear and panic grip you, the circumstance overwhelms you, you’re paralysed and can’t move forward
– Rescue (you determine how quickly you get to this step): you call out to Jesus for help, learning the hard way that you can NOT rely on yourself
“Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”